Host File Location Windows in 7
Sometimes you require editing in the hosts file on your computer because of an attack, caper or else so that you can naturally and easily handle access to websites.
Recently I saw that many people don’t know how to edit or find Host File Location Window 7, 8 or 10 let me tell you that there is no change of system 32 file in Window 8 or 10 it’s available in DriveC>Windows>System32>drivers>etc>Host if you can’t find the file again then this is an alternative method to find or edit the host file. If you are not able to save the hosts file or don’t know where to find the hosts file, then this is the best method to solve your problem.
Uses of Hosts File:
- You can block unused or pathetic websites.
- You can redirect a website using the hosts file.
- Quick access to your website via website shortcut option.
- Easy and quick access to local domain with the help of domain name. Type assigned name and here you go.
- Testing a web server is way more easy to test a web server tool.
Editing window host file is easy with the help of edit windows host file option. If you can’t edit hosts file window, 7 then follow the below guide.
How to Find Host File Using Command Prompt:
- Open the “Start>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt (Run as an Administrator)”.
- Now type “cd drivers” and press enter.
- Type “cd etc.” and enter. This is the place where the host file is to be found.
- Type “notepad hosts” and press enter to release the hosts file in notepad.
How to Edit or Save Host File:
- Open the notepad file.
- Click “File” and then “Open”.
- Go to “C:WindowsSystem32driversetc” or you can copy this and paste it into the Upper bar of notepad file and enter as shown below.
- You are in “etc. Folder” but before opening the host file you have to select “All files” in the drop menu.
- Now open the hosts file and made editing then save the file.
- Open the “Run” from the Start.
- Copy this command (C:WindowsSystem32driversetc) and paste it into the blank section and click “Ok”.
- Now select the “Notepad” and click “ok” to open the hosts file.
- Made changes then save the file.
- All Done!
Tip to save the host file:
Not able to save the hosts file? Don’t worry before edit the hosts file just copy the host’s file and paste it into the desktop then made changes and press “Ctrl+S” it is successfully saved then copy again and paste it into the original location. Enjoy!
For making it easier for you guys, I have to add a video of detailed guide about this hosts file and also about how to edit or save it. I hope you guys will understand it because user satisfaction is our first priority.
How to Find, Edit or Save the hosts file in window 7, 8 or 10 (Video Tutorial)