DEVONthink Pro/Server 3.6.3 Multilingual macOS
DEVONthink is DEVONtechnologies’ document and information management solution. It supports a large variety of file formats and stores them in a database enhanced by artificial intelligence (AI). Many document formats can be directly viewed, edited, and annotated. A powerful search language finds documents in an instant, smart groups keep them always at hand.
Sophisticated organization tools, AI-based techniques that handle even the largest collections, and numerous integration options make DEVONthink the work environment of choice for researchers, lawyers, and educators. Smart rules, flexible reminders, and deep AppleScript support allow automating even complex repeating tasks. And with its fast, reliable, and secure synchronization users keep their data available on all their Macs. DEVONthink To Go for iPad and iPhone completes the DEVONthink ecosystem.
- Keeps your data together
- Scans your paper
- Archives your email
- Assists you with A.I.
- Syncs your data securely
- Automates repeating tasks
- Lets you share your data
This maintenance release provides modifications to address some issues with iCloud (CloudKit) syncing. For the list makers, creating checkboxes is now supported in Markdown documents. Importing from Evernote is faster when handling notes with attachments. And, of course, there are the usual bug fixes and reliability improvements.
- Added On Labelling smart rule event trigger. This is also supported in AppleScript.
- Checkboxes are now supported by Markdown rendering and conversion. The syntax is – [ ] or – [x] at the beginning of a line.
- The Insert > Checkbox command in the Edit and contextual menus can now be used when editing Markdown documents.
- Pasting or dropping rich text into Markdown documents now attempts to convert the content to Markdown syntax. The DEVONthink 3: Create Markdown Document service will also attempt the conversion.
- jаvascript is now internally automatically enabled to preview Markdown documents if MathJax, Prism, or Mermaid support are enabled in Preferences > Media and jаvascript is disabled in Preferences > Web.
- Improved the behavior of the alternative command Data > Group Similar Items.
- Improved the speed of importing of ENEX files and File > Import > Notes from Evernote with notes containing many and/or large attachments, e.g., Noteshelf notes.
- Moving an indexed group to another indexed group no longer changes the filename of the group.
- Limited the height of automatically resized text fields in the Info > General inspector as, e.g., long URLs could require a lot of space.
- Improved VoiceOver support in the Document > Links inspector.
- File > Verify & Repair Database and automatic verification before synchronizing databases can detect and repair more issues.
- Improved overall reliability.
- Improved (Sync)
- Improved handling of retries and throttling related to temporary iCloud (CloudKit) issues.
- Improved reachability handling of iCloud (CloudKit) sync locations.
- Improved overall reliability of, e.g., the deletions handling and import of pending items.
- In light mode, the Take Note view of the Sorter could remain dark. Fixed.
- When the Sorter is set as a docked tab, the Search shortcut set in Sorter preferences didn’t focus the search field of the Sorter. Fixed.
- Rendering and conversion of Markdown textbundle files didn’t display linked images from within the bundle. Fixed.
- When multiple documents were selected, Tools > Summarize Highlights did not list the title of each document in Markdown or rich text summaries. Fixed.
- Closing the toolbar search did not always display the currently selected sidebar item(s). Fixed.
- Double-clicking the header of the item list in List view could cause the selection to be opened if the list view was not scrolled to the top. Fixed.
- Renaming long file names in the item list in Column view displayed incorrectly on macOS Big Sur. Fixed.
- Setting a Yearly reminder in the Annotations & Reminders inspector could freeze the application. Fixed.
- Loading the Preferences > Imprinter preference pane did not work in some cases. Fixed.
- Certain files added to the Inbox folder in the Finder were imported multiple times, e.g., OPML or ENEX files. Fixed.
- Formatted notes could unexpectedly lose focus on macOS Big Sur. Fixed.
- A rare multi-threading issue after installing the OCR engine could crash the app. Fixed.
- Scripts executed by smart rules after synchronization didn’t always work as expected. Fixed.
- The relevance of search results set via AppleScript was undefined and could affect the sorting. Fixed.
- The encryption key of iCloud (CloudKit) sync locations was not added to the keychain. Fixed.
- The garbage collection of iCloud (CloudKit) sync stores could cause temporary ‘Missing manifest’ issues. Fixed.
- The global inbox was never marked as needing sync after receiving push notifications and so not immediately synchronized if the schedule was automatic. Fixed.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11.5 or later, 64-bit processor