iA Writer 5.6.11 MAS + iCloud macOS
iA Writer Pro is a professional writing suite that gives you full control over your notes, drafts and edits.
Unmatched Writing Experience
iA Writer is designed to provide the best digital writing experience: Keep your hands on the keyboard and your mind in the text.
Swipe Right to Library
iA Writer now comes with an integrated library for all your documents. With a swipe to the right you have easy access to all your texts in one place.
Swipe Left to Preview
With synchronized scrolling Preview, iA Writer consciously separates form and content. It optimizes plain text writing while offering stellar formatted export—with world class typography.
Focus Mode and Syntax Control
iA Writer is famous for offering a deeper focus on your text. Its unique tools improve your writing style by honing your concentration: One sentence at a time, or by highlighting different parts of speech.
All Your Documents on All Your Devices
With seamless Dropbox and iCloud sync, iA Writer keeps your documents safe and at hand on whatever device you are using when inspiration strikes.
- Integrated document Library
- Synchronized scrolling Markdown Preview
- Beautiful Preview templates with curated fonts
- Focus Mode fades all but the current sentence, for maximum concentration
- Convert formatting to Microsoft® Word .docx, and back again
- Also export formatting to HTML and beautifully styled PDF
- Auto Markdown formats text on-screen
- Night Mode
- Real-time iCloud and Dropbox sync
- Reading Time; plus sentence, word, and character count
- Customized for Retina displays
- Handoff support
- Full screen for total immersion in the text
- Improve your writing by getting rid of fillers, clichés, and redundancies
- They’re automatically dimmed and crossed-out as you type
- Easy to delete: double-click to select the whole phrase
- Private: all processing is done on your device
- Fast: optimized to work in real-time
- Enable in Focus menu or with Option+Shift+Command+D
- Built-in patterns for English, French, German
- Add your own patterns in Editor settings
- Use the ? button when editing custom patterns to learn how to make them better by providing context, exceptions, and using regular expressions
- Markdown files open up to 350 times faster
- More responsive when editing large files
- Editor correctly handles inline code that contains backticks
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor