Mp3tag 1.6.7 macOS
Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of audio files. Musicians, DJs, podcasters, and audio-enthusiasts use it for many different aspects of handling audio files. It supports batch tag-editing for multiple files at once, covering many audio formats from MP3, over MP4, and M4V (yes, that’s video!) to FLAC, OGG, OPUS, AIF, DSF, MPC, and WAV.
Furthermore, it supports online database lookups from Discogs and MusicBrainz, allowing to gather proper tags and download cover art for music libraries.
It offers renaming files based on the tag information, replacing characters or words in tags and filenames, importing tag information, and adjusting the size and image format of embedded cover art.
Since some of the tasks in managing a digital library are repetitive, Mp3tag allows for combining tasks into action groups, which serve as workflows for keeping consistency and order. Examples are formatting tag fields, performing case conversion, removing unwanted fields, or adjusting embedded cover art to match required sizes.
- Bulk-Editing of Tags for multiple files at once.
- Editing of cover-art.
- Renaming files based on tags.
- Importing metadata from filenames.
- Assign track and disc numbers via the auto-numbering wizard.
- Importing metadata from online Tag Sources.
- Support for Flexible Tagging, allowing for user-defined tag fields in a standardized way.
- Applying action groups with many tasks combined into reusable workflows.
- Support for many file types under a universal user interface.
- and more…
Supported File Formats
- MP3 (ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4 with UTF-8)
- MP4/M4A/M4B/M4V (iTunes and Nero)
- FLAC (Vorbis Comments)
- OGG (Vorbis Comments)
- OPUS (Vorbis Comments)
- AIF (RIFF INFO and RIFF ID3)
- DSF (ID3v2)
- MPC (APEv2)
- WAV (RIFF INFO and RIFF ID3)
Compatibility: macOS 10.14 or later • Apple Silicon or Intel Core processor