Name Mangler 3.8 macOS
Name Mangler (was File List) is an Easy-to-use batch file re-namer.
If you need to rename several files at once, this is the application you have always been looking for. Name Mangler is a batch file renamer that supports the following renaming tasks: Find and Replace (including support for regular expressions); Number Sequentially; Change Case; Set Extension; Add Prefix/Suffix; Remove/Insert Characters.
Moreover, you can combine all of these using the Advanced renaming mode, which even comes with some extra features, such as conditional statements, nested counters, and more.
But Name Mangler is more than just one versatile renaming utility – it’s an infinite number of task-specific renaming utilities: Name Mangler’s Droplets make it ridiculously easy to store configurations and use those repeatedly for different, alternating purposes. Just drop your files on them.
- The main window can now be set to float above other windows (Window → Keep in Front)
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Name Mangler now runs natively on both Intel and Apple Silicon Macs.
- Improved the Terms List field’s handling of line breaks in files from Microsoft’s Office apps.
- The file list area’s drop-down menu has been restructured for easier use.
- The drop-down menu for managing the file list is now more visible, especially in macOS 11.
- Numeric metadata that’s actually stored as text can now be formatted, just like real numbers in metadata.
- Various Dark Mode improvements, including a more-visible Rename button.
- Updated in-app help with improved navigation between sections.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later