Pyka Unlimited 1.0.20 macOS
Pyka is a revolutionary new project library app and the world’s first Work Hub. Designed for people who work in project-based environments, Pyka takes your project library to a whole new level. There are many challenges and problems that arise when individuals or teams work on projects. While many solutions exist to help people manage their time, almost nothing exists to help people manage their project library and files… until today!
Features for individuals and teams:
- Pyka takes the mess of files and folders on your hard drive and pulls them into one unified project library.
- Pyka treats your projects like a family tree. In Pyka, you can keep as many different versions of your projects as you want without duplicating data or making a mess of folders on your hard drive. Pyka organizes, tracks, manages, and stores your project versions, bringing intuitive version control to the masses for the first time in a friendly and visual way.
- Pyka lets you use and reuse common assets like logos, movies, and images, as many times as you wish while storing them only once. This dramatically reduces your library’s storage footprint.
- Pyka libraries can exist in one location or span multiple storage volumes in multiple possible configurations. This allows users who have a large number of external hard drives to combine their storage space to build a large library along with fail-safe backup libraries.
- And best of all, Pyka orients your project storage system around search. Instead of making you remember exactly where something is stored, Pyka works with any information you do remember. So everything you’ve ever made is only a few keystrokes away.
Features for small and large teams:
- Using shared network storage, Pyka gives users the ability to watch projects while other users make changes. Project managers and coordinators can now get live updates on their desktop every time a teammate makes a change.
- Using shared network storage, Pyka allows large teams to collaborate on massively large-scale projects by dividing them into sub-projects, that can be assigned to different team members. Whether you’re authoring a large company report, building a monthly magazine, creating a movie with lots of scenes and shots, or working on any other large-scale project, Pyka does not shrink from the job.
- Using shared network storage, Pyka also takes the headache out of passing projects between team members. Never send another project zip file in an email chain again. Never go digging through a team member’s folder to find a project you’re responsible for again. Never suffer the consequences of one team member’s disorganization again. Collaboration is at the heart of Pyka’s design.
- Fully compatible with most SMB and AFP network file sharing storage volumes.
These and many other things are what make Pyka a powerful tool for individuals and teams who work on projects.
Fixed in this update:
- Fixed minor UI glitches created by macOS Mojave.
Changed in recent updates:
- All token fields including the search field now display multiple lines of tokens. Before, token fields only displayed one line at a time, and users had to use up/down arrows to see other rows of tokens. Now users simply type or click into a token field and the token field will expand to display all of its contents.
- We are pleased to announce full support for package and bundle files! Before package and bundle files were invisible in your library and local to the project that used them. Now Pyka treats them like normal assets in your library. This is especially important for GarageBand and Xcode users. Any commits to a project will import all package/bundle files as assets including all previous versions of the file in the project. Package/Bundle files can also be dragged into your library to import them. Thank you as always to our users for their input as Pyka grows to meet their needs 🙂
- Single files can now be imported as a project both in the create project panel and by dragging them into the visualizer.
- Pyka’s sidebar more clearly displays how many projects are open and watched.
- Added a new list view! Now all search results can be viewed and sorted as icons or in a list!
- Pyka now offers an intuitive navigator for users who would prefer to navigate rather than search!
- Pyka now allows users to search for files by campaigns they have been included in.
- Pyka now allows users to search for files by users who have worked with them on projects.Fixed in recent updates:
- Fixed a minor glitch that sometimes caused the Edit Multiple Items panel to refuse to upload changes.
- Fixed a glitch that sometimes results in a crash when importing very tiny files (under 256 bytes).
- Fixed a glitch that cut searches short on some computers before Users finished typing.
- Fixed a minor UI glitch that caused tables to be black.
Compatibility: 64-bit processor • OS X 10.10 or later