Scrutiny 10.3.3 – Web optimization tool suite
Scrutiny is a suite of web optimization tools including link checking, SEO checks, Sitemap generation, page load speed test, html validation. Version 9 is a major update and includes these new features.
- Link checker
- SEO analysis
- XML sitemap generation, optionally include images / PDF pages
- Insecure / mixed content reporting
- Page-load speed test
- Spelling and grammar checking
- Scans sites requiring authentication
- Search your site (source or visible text) obtain a list of pages containing a search term or not containing a search term
- Website monitoring of as many URL’s as you like with a choice of alerts and logging
- Scheduling made easy with a few easy clicks
- On finish, send an email, save a report, open a file or AppleScript, FTP the sitemap XML, and other actions
- Opens and scans a list of links in HTML, CSV, plain text format, or XML sitemap
- Improves handling of linked files without file extension (eg may have “?format=json” in the url) and where there is a ‘type’ attribute in the html meta tag. In these cases, the type attribute takes priority over the server ‘content-type’ header field, which may well give a different content type because of the lack of file extension.
- Where the ‘type’ attribute in the html meta tag and the server ‘content-type’ header field don’t agree, the html type attribute takes priority.
- “Type mismatch: Type attribute in html is xxx/yyy, content-type given in server response is aaa/bbb” added to list of possible warnings.
- Now does not try to parse json files found in meta data as if they’re html (but does check them as it did before)
- Where there are blacklist / whitelist rules, these are now printed at the top of the exported summary report, so that the scope of the scan is clear.
- Other small enhancements
Compatibility: macOS 10.10 or later 64-bit