Things 3.13.9 MAS Multilingual macOS
Things is a task management solution that helps to organize your tasks in an elegant and intuitive way. Things combines powerful features with simplicity through the use of tags and its intelligent filter bar. A Leopard style source list allows for quick and easy focusing. Together with a beautiful user interface, Things aims at the seemingly impossible: making task management both easy and fun.
Our screencast is a great introduction.
- The big picture. A Leopard-style source list lets you easily focus without ever switching view modes or wrapping your head around filter criteria.
- A magical tag bar automatically appears when needed and adapts to the currently displayed list. It lets you drill down even the longest list of To-Dos. Hierarchical tags? We got you covered!
- Teamwork. Things offers convenient collaboration features. Easily delegate tasks to members of your team. (This is work in progress.)
- No columns! Whether it’s multiple tags, dates or notes, To-Do items display their information on an as needed basis. No more space wasted by empty or irrelevant column cells!
- Out of your head, out of your way. A quick entry HUD lets you enter any idea the moment it hits you. Never let the thought of an unfinished business distract you again.
- Yours forever. We won’t lock you in. Things will use an open XML file format to store your data. (Not yet activated.)
- Things even supports GTD, so if you’re familiar and comfortable with GTD concepts, you’ll feel right at home.
- Added support for creating a new tag from the Tags popover (hit Cmd+Shift+T on a selected task, then type your new tag).
- Added support for opening a new window by Cmd+clicking a project or area heading when Today is grouped (enable grouping in Things > Preferences > General).
- Decreased the font size in macOS Big Sur widgets.
- Improved the reliability of the Things Cloud connection.
- Fixed a bug that used the wrong date format for start dates that were 6 days ahead.
- Fixed a bug that could cause checklist or tag content to be invisible after editing a to-do.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the wrong options to be pre-selected when completing a project or project heading that contained incomplete to-dos.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating to-dos inside a Repeating Project.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when deleting items in the sidebar.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when deleting tags.
- Fixed some memory issues.
THINGS FOR BIG SUR
This update brought full compatibility for macOS 11 Big Sur and two great improvements for the new unified Notification Center: configurable Widgets and Rich Notifications.
Things’ powerful new Widgets are now available on the Mac! Configure them in your Notification Center to show any to-do list you want. Quickly glance at what you’re doing Today, see what’s Upcoming on your schedule, stay on top of your most urgent project, view tag-filtered lists – the possibilities are endless!
Notifications have been greatly improved, with variable snooze durations – 10 min, 30 min, 1 hour – and a new option to complete a to-do directly from the alert. Perhaps best of all, the app no longer jumps to the foreground when you hit snooze!
BIG SUR COMPATIBILITY
- Remodeled the app icon.
- Adapted the window layout.
- Designed new icons for Preferences panes.
- Designed a new Things Cloud switch.
- Many other small interface tweaks.
- Things fully supports the newly announced Macs with Apple M1 chips: the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini.
- Added support for Cmd+click to open a Things URL in a new window.
- Added support for Cmd+double-click to open a project in a new window.
- Added support for Cmd+Return to open a project in a new window.
- Added support for assigning tags via drag & drop inside the Upcoming list.
- Added support for seamless navigation between title & notes fields via Left-arrow and Right-arrow keys.
- Added Quick Entry support for Airmail app.
- Tweaked the icon for Someday items in Quick Find.
- Improved full keyboard navigation for alerts and project/heading completion dialogs.
- Improved navigation from Quick Find to reveal Today items in the Today list instead of their parent list.
- Improved the Select-All (⌘+A) behavior in grouped lists (e.g., Today grouped by project/area, Upcoming grouped by date, etc.).
- Improved handling of right-clicks inside checklist items.
- Improved error handling when managing a Things Cloud account.
- A list’s tag-filtered state is now cleared if the app is opened from a URL that does not pass a tag parameter.
- Hid to-do counts for childless projects in the Logbook.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent drag & drop at the top of the Today list.
- Fixed an issue with pasting text into tag-filtered lists.
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect date could be set when using the keyboard shortcut to bump a to-do forward by 1 week.
- Fixed an issue where Quick Entry could create an empty todo when Today was set as the default destination.
- Fixed an issue where a project’s progress graph could show in the wrong color after moving from Someday to Today.
- Fixed an issue where tag auto-completion menus wouldn’t always show their full content.
- Fixed an issue where slim windows could be restored to an incorrect size.
- Fixed some graphical glitches that could occur when switching between light and dark modes.
- Fixed some graphical issues in dark mode.
- Fixed some crashes.
- Various translation improvements for non-English languages.
Compatibility: macOS 10.13.0 or later, 64-bit processor