TinkerTool System 6.96 macOS
TinkerTool System 6 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of macOS you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- built-in maintenance features of macOS, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
- extended file operations, not available in the macOS Finder,
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects (“bugs”) in the operating system,
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair macOS in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged,
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
Together with its sister program TinkerTool which is available at no charge, TinkerTool System is a perfect substitute for the following types of system utilities:
- Finder enhancers,
- Cache and font cache cleaners,
- Scripts to create bootable system installer and recovery disks,
- Tools to access hidden preference settings,
- Applications to make objects invisible in the Finder,
- Log file browsers,
- Application uninstallers,
- Single User Mode troubleshooting tools,
- Spell-checker dictionary editors,
- and many others.
Version 6.96 (Build 210115)
- Communication with slow components of macOS in the background could sometimes be misinterpreted as alleged “hang” of the application. To avoid this, many user interface elements to control features of Time Machine, Spotlight, and CUPS have been changed over to asynchronous behavior. TinkerTool System will no longer wait for immediate response of macOS, but temporarily disable the affected controls until the corresponding operations have completed.
- This version fixes a problem with the creation of install media where installer apps of macOS 11 could be shown as invalid after such an app had been launched and quit in the same user login session.
Compatibility: macOS 11.00 or later 64-bit