TwistedWave 1.24.3 macOS
TwistedWave is a very easy to use and powerful audio editor.
- It supports Audio Unit plug-ins and many file formats, including WAV, AIFF, CAF, MP3, MP4, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis, and Ambisonic sound files.
- Good multichannel support. TwistedWave lets you easily add, remove or reorder channels. You can also apply Audio Units to multichannel files, or to a selection of channels.
- Unlimited undo and redo which works instantly.
- Zooming in and out of the waveform is very fast. Option-click and drag the mouse to zoom very accurately, while the waveform is being refreshed more than 100 times per second, even when the files are several hours long, or when the file has not finished loading, or when an effect is being applied.
- When TwistedWave is busy loading a large file, or applying a complex effect, all the work happens in the background, and you can continue working with your document, applying new effects. With TwistedWave, you never have to wait for the end of a long computation.
- Working at a resolution up to 24-bit and 192 kHz sampling rate, TwistedWave enables you to work at a professional quality.
- Added a noise reduction effect
- Automatically detect glitches caused by missed buffers when recording
- Show an error instead of falling back to the built-in microphone when the selected audio interface is not available for recording
- Added an Analyze action to the batch processor
- You can now opt to automatically get beta versions of TwistedWave through the automatic update system
- When a punch-in recording is initiated while the selection is active, the contents of the selection will be replaced, and the recorder will stop when it reaches the end of the selection
- Added the “Open Recent Document” item in the “File” menu to re-open the last viewed file
- Added an option to format the times like H:M:S in the toolbar, to show the number of hours
- Added a button to clear the metadata
- The toolbar can be customized with a big version of the cursor position
- Added an option to close all the document windows at once
- The lambda and quality parameters were swapped and didn’t work as expected in the “Change Pitch and Speed” effect in the batch processor
- When saving a file while recording, the document wouldn’t be marked as dirty, and you would not be offered to save it again after the recorder was stopped
- Dropped the “1.” from the version number. Versions with three digits, like 24.0.1 will be beta versions
- When moving the cursor to the beginning or end of the file, the selection is now discarded
- Saving color schemes was broken
- Video files shouldn’t open with TwistedWave by default
- TwistedWave would crash when asked to generate a tone with a negative frequency
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor