Visual Studio Code 1.68.0
Visual Studio Code provides developers with a new choice of developer tool that combines the simplicity and streamlined experience of a code editor with the best of what developers need for their core code-edit-debug cycle. Visual Studio Code is the first code editor, and first cross-platform development tool – supporting macOS, Linux, and Windows – in the Visual Studio family.
At its heart, Visual Studio Code features a powerful, fast code editor great for day-to-day use. The Preview release of Code already has many of the features developers need in a code and text editor, including navigation, keyboard support with customizable bindings, syntax highlighting, bracket matching, auto indentation, and snippets, with support for dozens of languages.
For serious coding, developers often need to work with code as more than just text. Visual Studio Code includes built-in support for always-on IntelliSense code completion, richer semantic code understanding and navigation, and code refactoring. In the Preview, Code includes enriched built-in support for ASP.NET 5 development with C#, and Node.js development with TypeScript and jаvascript, powered by the same underlying technologies that drive Visual Studio. Code includes great tooling for web technologies such as HTML, CSS, LESS, SASS, and JSON. Code also integrates with package managers and repositories, and builds and other common tasks to make everyday workflows faster. And Code understands Git, and delivers great Git workflows and source diffs integrated with the editor.
- Configure Display Language – See installed and available Language Packs in their language.
- Problems panel table view – View errors and warnings as a table to quickly filter on their source.
- Deprecated extensions – Learn whether an extension is deprecated or should be replaced.
- Extension sponsorship – Support the developers who build your favorite extensions.
- Hide Explorer files using .gitignore – Reuse your existing .gitignore to hide files in the Explorer.
- Terminal color and contrast enhancements – Find match background color, min contrast ratio.
- Git branch protection – Branch protection available right inside VS Code.
- TypeScript Go to Source Definition – Jump directly to a symbol’s jаvascript implementation.
- VS Code for the Web localization – vscode.dev now matches your chosen browser language.
- Development Container specification – Learn more about the evolving dev container spec.
- Preview: Markdown link validation – Detects broken links to headers, images, and files.
Compatibility: macOS 10.11 or later